Another day…. Another reason to celebrate! National Zucchini Day is a holiday we never thought about celebrating but now can’t go without… MOXIE Dietetic intern, Alyssa R. Herrington, broke down some delicious ways you can celebrate at home on August 8th!
What are Zoodles? Only the newest and healthiest alternative to the average noodle.
Spinach Parmesan Zoodles
1. Spiralize the zucchini and set aside.
2. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and add the garlic, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add in the zucchini noodles and spinach.
3. Gently toss and cook until spinach leaves are wilted, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese and toss until zucchini noodles are coated in the parmesan cheese. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
4. Remove from heat and serve.
Tried and True Note: try not to overcook the zucchini noodles and spinach or they will get soggy!
Zoodles with Avocado Pesto
For the Sauce:
1. Spiralize your zucchini and set aside on paper towels so that any excess water is soaked up.
2. In a food processor, add avocados, basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice and sea salt and pulse until finely chopped. Then with the motor still running, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified and creamy.
3. Drizzle olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat then add zucchini noodles, cooking for about 1 to 2 minutes until tender.
4. Add zucchini noodles to a large bowl and toss with avocado pesto. Season with cracked pepper and a little Parmesan, serve and enjoy!
DISCLAIMER: The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information, contained on or available through this web site is for general information purposes only.