Our bodies change with the seasons. The changing of seasons is time for renewal, a time to wipe the slate clean, undo some habits and start others. As the seasons change, use this as an opportunity to let go, grow and transform. Benefit most from the renewing nature of the spring by recommitting to a wellness lifestyle and develop focused intentions. MOXIE’s Spring Lifestyle Guide will help you develop a routine to renew and rejuvenate this season.
• Drink warm water first thing in the morning to increase detoxification.
• Massage your skin with warm, organic sesame oil to promote lymphatic circulation and fluid balance.
• Make time for exercise or yoga first thing in the morning will promote clarity and improved energy this spring. A great way to start your day: MOXIE Ride and Restore at 6AM.
• With Spring and Summer around the corner, it’s time to clean up our diets. Clean out your pantry and refrigerator. Restock with healthier, lighter fare including pineapple and apples. These fruits, rich in bromelain and quercetin, will help build your immune system just in time for allergy season! Schedule a Kitchen-Pantry Re-Boot with Cory LeDoux by emailing us at email@example.com.
• A seasonal detox is a great way to reboot and reset your metabolism and clear out excess sugar from the holiday season. After a seasonal detox, refocus on mindful eating. Reduce processed foods and increase your intake of fresh, local produce and clean protein.
Spring Exercise, Play & Yoga:
• Gear up your intake of MOXIE classes to help restore balance to your body, mind and spirit so you can renew your commitment to your wellness lifestyle, to your heart and to yourself. Physical activity improves circulation, increases heat, and results in a feeling of lightness and balance.
• Rise and Ride Sunshine. As winter recedes, you can gradually begin to rise earlier. For most people, waking by or before 6am during the spring months is ideal. If you can, create a stimulating and inspiring morning routine for yourself.
• Embrace the lightheartedness of spring and play! Socialize, initiate, and rekindle, meaningful relationships. We hope you join us for the complimentary MOXIE Pop Up 2.2 on April 8th. MOXIE community enjoys fitness fun and welcoming new friends.
• In the spring, your yoga practice might focus on cleansing the lungs and warming the kidneys. Keep the chest open and the heart space expanded and, when you feel as though you’ve been in a pose long enough to feel challenged, take one more deep, steady breath before releasing the posture. Include asanas like sun salutation, warrior I, warrior II, reverse warrior, forward bends, chest openers, and backward bends as well as poses that stretch, compress, stimulate, and cleanse the solar plexus like cobra, bow, side plank, spinal rolls, leg lifts, and twists.
• Stick to a sleep schedule of the same bedtime and wake up time, even on the weekends. This helps to regulate your body’s clock and could help you fall asleep and stay asleep for the night.
• A relaxing, routine activity right before bedtime conducted away from bright lights helps separate your sleep time from activities that can cause excitement, stress or anxiety which can make it more difficult to fall asleep, get sound and deep sleep or remain asleep.
• Exercise daily. Vigorous exercise is best, but even light exercise is better than no activity. Exercise at any time of day, but not at the expense of your sleep.
• Design your sleep environment to establish the conditions you need for sleep. Your bedroom should be cool – between 60 and 67 degrees. Your bedroom should also be free from any noise that can disturb your sleep. Finally, your bedroom should be free from any light. Check your room for noises or other distractions. This includes a bed partner’s sleep disruptions such as snoring. Consider using blackout curtains, eye shades, ear plugs, “white noise” machines, humidifiers, fans and other devices. Sip warm tea or take a salts bath before bedtime.
• Make sure your mattress is comfortable and supportive. The one you have been using for years may have exceeded its life expectancy – about 9 or 10 years for most good quality mattresses.
Adopt a seasonal routine that will help you cleanse, rejuvenate, and relish in the life-giving nature of the spring. Take The Prakriti Quiz to determine your Ayurvedic Constitution and start on your path to balance.
Banyan Botanicals Ayurvedic Living.
National Sleep Foundation.